Picture: Glenn Hampson/Gold Coast Bulletin
- To highlight the inaugural Illumi Run on the Gold Coast, through a targeted public relations strategy
- Increase ticket sales for the inaugural event, as event organisers set their sights on welcoming 10,000 Gold Coasters to Metricon Stadium
- Increase public awareness for the event, through meaningful media coverage through Gold Coast’s most prominent newsrooms
- empire 99 facilitated a night-time photo opportunity with the Gold Coast Bulletin, featuring local DJ act and former Beauty & the Geek reality stars Brooke and Ellie Kelaart
- The news story achieved dominant coverage in the Gold Coast Bulletin, resulting in $4,233.60 worth of advertising equivalency. The story also valued at an estimate $12,670.80 in editorial coverage
- goldcoast.com.au shared the same story on their online website, to their monthly audience of more than 418,000 city readers
- Equally significant was the television coverage provided by Nine Gold Coast News, with leading anchor-man Bruce Paige reporting on the story in his lead bulletin. The Channel 9 news story was seen by more than 75,000 Gold Coasters
What They Said
The Illumi Run engaged empire 99 for media strategy and delivery for our Gold Coast Illumi Run. We chose Sean due to his extensive experience and relationships on the Gold Coast. Sean facilitated significant coverage on Channel 9 news as well as the Gold Coast Bulletin with a huge image of our leading DJ artist.
We achieved more media coverage about the Gold Coast event than for any of our major capital cities including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. All thanks to Sean’s ability to make it happen.